General Finishes Water Based Wood Stain 473 Ml
General Finishes Water Based Wood Stain 473 ml allows you to create the truest, deepest colours possible on any wood species.
General Finishes Water Based Wood Stains has all the advantages of oil based stains: they spread easily, can be repaired, blend effortlessly and have plenty of open time.
The thicker formula allows controlled penetration, which will reduce blotching on softer woods such as Aspen, Pine and Maple.
General Finishes: www.generalfinishes.com
Classification: Water Base Stain Product Description:
General Finishes Water Base Wood Stains are the most advanced wiping stains on the market today. The unique semi-gel formula provides the user with controlled penetration and plenty of open time to work with the product. The unique semi-gel consistency prevents pigment settling. Yet the semi-gel structure breaks down easily when shaken or stirred to provide a smooth, creamy stain that can be applied and wiped with ease. These stains are a proprietary blend of pigments and dyes that provide both depth and clarity. General Finishes Water Base Wood Stains are formulated to <100g/ I VOC (excluding water)
May be applied via brush or spray. Stir well before application. Use a clean brush or paint pad applicator. Apply liberal amount of stain and allow to penetrate several minutes before wiping with a clean paper towel. A second coat may be applied to darken the colour. HVLP: 0.43-0.51” fluid tip / medium cap; 0.051” fluid tip / medium cap. Air Assisted Airless: 0.011-0.013” fluid tip, 300-600 psi fluid pressure, 10-30 psi air pressure.
- Density: 8.5 -9.4 lbs. / gal
- Weight Solids: 10 – 28% (colour dependant)
- Volume Solids: 15 – 19% Viscosity: bodied liquid
- pH: 7.0 – 8.5
- O.C.: 77-99 g/l (0.64 0.83 lb./gal) excl water
- Material V.O.C: 13-20 g/l (0.11-0.19 lb./ gal)
- % VOC: 1.3 – 2.0%
- Storage: Protect from Freezing
- Coverage : 14.72 Metres Square / Litre
Container Sizes & Colours – available online @ www.shabby.ie
- Pints (473 ml),
- Quarts (946 ml),
- Gallons (3,785 ml), – Stock to Order Only
Dry Time 70o F (21o C) and 70% R.H:
- Dry: 1-2 hours
- To Topcoat: 1-2 hours
Mixing and Application:
- Catalyst Ratio: None
- Pot Life: Not Applicable
- Shelf Life: 1 year, minimum
- Reducer/Thinner: EF Extender (10 -20%)
- Conventional Spray:
- Air Assisted Airless
- Pad Applicator
Mix container before use
Protect from freezing
Read MSDS for safety information ·
For best results, clean all equipment with General Finishes Brush and Gun Cleaner. General clean-up with soap and water recommended. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Sealer & Finish Recommendation:
- The Wood Stains can be top-coated with most water base, oil base, and solvent base finishes, varnishes, & lacquers.
- Compatible with all General Finishes topcoats. Test adhesion and compatibility on all other systems.
- Colour will vary dependent upon wood and dwell time before wiping General Finishes Sanding Sealers are recommended if not using a self-sealing finish for optimum build and smoothness.
- Water Base: PolyAcrylic,
- High Performance,
- Enduro Water Base Lacquer,
- Enduro Poly, Pre-Cat Urethane or EnduroVar.
- Solvent Base: Most pre-catalyzed lacquers and conversion varnishes.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of dust, dirt, grease, wax, or contaminants.
- For Raw wood, start sanding with #150 grit recommended.
- Fill all nail holes or cracks using a water base filler or putty.
- Remove all dust by vacuuming or wiping with a damp cloth.
- Does not use tack cloths which contain linseed oils?